Crews stopped a gas leak in southern Danville that affected eight to 12 homes Saturday afternoon, a battalion chief with the San Ramon Valley Fire Protection District and a spokeswoman for PG&E said.
The leak was stopped at 4:27 p.m. Saturday at El Capitan Drive and Oneida Circle, just outside Crow Canyon Country Club, PG&E spokeswoman Jacqueline Ratto said.
The break was first reported to fire personnel at 1:18 p.m. Saturday after a construction crew hired by the East Bay Municipal Utility District breached the line while they were digging, Ratto and battalion chief John Duggan said.
A PG&E crew arrived at 1:45 p.m. No one was injured and no evacuations were necessary.
Ratto wants to remind residents and business owners to call 8-1-1 two days before digging to keep themselves and others safe and prevent gas leaks and power outages. Call even if planting a tree so utility crews can mark any utility lines in the area.
"It's free and required by state law," Ratto said.