The final Hot Summer Nights car show for this summer is set for Thursday in the heart of downtown Danville on Hartz Avenue.
The car show will line downtown streets with one-of-a-kind collector cars, hot rods, muscle cars and custom-designed cars as well as modern collectible cars from some of the world's most famous automobile designers.
Registration and car staging begins at 2 p.m. Thursday, with the show running from 4-9 p.m.
In honor of the Ford Thunderbird's 61st anniversary, T-Birds of all years are invited to participate in the car show.
The "Town Choice Awards" will be presented to 25 car owners as a way of saying "thank you for bringing your car to Danville," organizers said. The judges must simply like your car in order to receive the plaque as there is no special ranking or point system to win.
The police chief, mayor, vice mayor, town council members and car show management will present the awards to the winners.
In its 22nd year, the Hot Summer Nights program also included a show in downtown Danville last month.
With Thursday's show expected to draw a crowd, town officials have released a traffic advisory for residents and motorists, including an alert that some downtown streets will be closed to traffic from 2-10 p.m. Thursday.
The street closures include:
* Hartz Avenue between Railroad Avenue and Hartz Way
* Linda Mesa Avenue between Railroad and Rose avenues
* Diablo Road between Hartz and Rose avenues
* Diablo Road at Front Street, westbound direction
* Local traffic access only between Front Street and Rose Avenue on Diablo Road and Front Street north to Linda Mesa Avenue
* Prospect Avenue between the Clock Tower Municipal Parking Lot entrance and Front Street
* Church Street 50 feet west and east of Hartz Avenue
Motorists are asked to drive with caution as a large crowd and pedestrian traffic through the area are expected, town officials said. Railroad Avenue or Front Street are available as alternate routes through the downtown area.
For more information about the car show, visit the Hot Summer Nights website