The town of Danville is recruiting residents interested in applying for town commission and advisory board seats as well as for positions as Danville representatives on two countywide groups.
Applications are available for:
* Danville Planning Commission: Four regular four-year terms and one four-year alternate member term, each beginning Jan. 1.
* Danville Heritage Resource Commission: Two regular members for four-year terms starting Jan. 1 (must be people who have demonstrated interest in the field of history, archaeology or geography).
* Danville Design Review Board: One regular four-year term starting Jan. 1 and one member completing unexpired term ending on Dec. 31, 2018.
* Contra Costa County Mosquito and Vector Control District Board of Trustees: Danville representative, four-year term beginning Jan. 1.
* Contra Costa County Library Commission: Danville representative, two-year term beginning Jan. 1.
Applications are due by 4 p.m. on Nov. 10.
The council is scheduled to interview candidates the morning of Dec. 13 and the evening of Dec. 20, with final appointments expected to be made at the Dec. 20 council meeting.
Applications are available online on the town website. For more information, contact city clerk Marie Sunseri at email@example.com or 314-3401.