The San Ramon Valley school board is recruiting local residents interested in serving on the district’s Facilities Oversight and Advisory Committee (FOAC), providing key input on current and future school facility needs and overseeing Measure D school bond spending among other tasks.
The committee consists of at least seven members serving two-year terms without compensation, and it meets a minimum of four times each year. Applications are accepted through Dec. 12.
According to district officials, specific FOAC responsibilities include:
* Provide oversight of Measure D facilities bond projects and expenditures
* Review current and future district facilities and master plans and provide recommendations to the board and district management on the priority of implementation
* Review financial and performance audits and submit an annual report to the board
* Review and provide recommendations related to district standards and long-term maintenance
* Review and provide recommendations on the development of a comprehensive list of facilities priorities that would require additional revenue sources
* Review and recommend solutions for the proper protection of the community's investment in maintaining school facilities.
FOAC members will reflect the San Ramon Valley community, according to district officials. Members can serve no more than three consecutive terms, and state education law requires the committee must include specific representation:
* A member who is active in a business organization within the district
* A member active in a senior citizen's organization
* A member active in a bona fide taxpayers association
* A parent/guardian of a child currently enrolled in the district and active member of a parent/teacher organization such as PTA or school site council.
For more information, contact Cindy Fischer at 552-2933 or email@example.com.