The Danville Town Council is set to hold a special meeting Tuesday morning to interview applicants seeking available seats on town commissions and a town advisory board as well as for positions as Danville representatives on two countywide groups.
The openings are for the Danville Planning Commission, Danville Heritage Resource Commission, Danville Design Review Board, Contra Costa County Mosquito and Vector Control District Board of Trustees and Contra Costa County Library Commission, with each term beginning Jan. 1.
The council is scheduled to start interviewing applicants and discussing possible appointments at 8 a.m. Tuesday in the town offices at 510 La Gonda Way. The council hopes to make final appointments by next week's regular council meeting.
When they began recruiting applicants this fall, town officials said the following seats were available:
* Planning Commission: Four regular four-year terms and one four-year alternate member term.
* Heritage Resource Commission: Two regular members for four-year terms (must be people who have demonstrated interest in the field of history, archaeology or geography).
* Design Review Board: One regular four-year term and one member completing unexpired term ending on Dec. 31, 2018.
* County Mosquito and Vector Control District Board of Trustees: Danville representative, four-year term.
* County Library Commission: Danville representative, two-year term.