News

Danville council to consider renewing contracts for building department consultants

Also: Sticking with teleconferencing for public meetings, Parks Make Life Better! Month proclamation

The Danville Town Council is set to decide Tuesday whether to extend the contracts with two consultant firms that provide supplemental support to the town's building services division.

Town of Danville logo.

The agreements for building plan review and staff augmentation services with TRB + Associates, Inc. and Shums Coda Associates would each run through the 2024-25 fiscal year, with options to renew for up to two additional years. The consultants aid town officials with compliance checks for review of life safety, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, energy and structural requirements.

"The Town of Danville utilizes consultant firms to provide building staff augmentation ranging from plan review to inspection services due to the volume and complexity of projects, in addition to providing staff augmentation in the event of illness, training and for vacation relief," the resolutions read.

The contracts result in no impact to the town's general fund because the annual expenditures to each firm are offset entirely by permit revenues, according to town staff. The consultant would receive 65% of the plan review fee revenue while the remaining 35% goes to the town government.

"The new contract includes performance requirements stipulating turnaround times for initial plan reviews (not exceeding 10 business days), and subsequent reviews (not exceeding 5 business days)," town staff stated.

Help sustain the local news you depend on.

Your contribution matters. Become a member today.

Join

Shums Coda Associates has contracted with the town since 2012 while TRB + Associates has been on board since 2020.

The two contracts are listed among the council's consent calendar, a collection of items deemed routine and voted upon all at once unless an item is pulled for separate consideration.

The council meeting is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. Tuesday (July 5) via Zoom. Read the full agenda here.

In other business

* Also as part of the consent calendar, the council will consider approving the continued use of teleconferencing for meetings of all town legislative bodies, pursuant to a temporary state law still in effect at this stage of the pandemic.

* Council members will consider amending the resale restriction and option-to-purchase agreement for a below-market-rate home on Haskins Ranch Circle upon the request of the homeowner who wants to be able to rent the property for up to four years because she is unable to live in the property presently due to a recently diagnosed permanent disability causing financial hardship.

Being able to rent out the home during this time could provide the income needed to help her retain the home when she is physically able to return, according to the staff report. The rental must be offered to a moderate-income household according to the affordability scale.

* During the open meeting, the council will hear presentations of a proclamation for July as Parks Make Life Better! Month, Town Manager Joe Calabrigo's monthly report and Town Council members' updates.

Stay informed

Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox in our Express newsletter.

Stay informed

Get daily headlines sent straight to your inbox in our Express newsletter.

Jeremy Walsh
 
Jeremy Walsh, a Benicia native and American University alum, joined Embarcadero Media in November 2013. After serving as associate editor for the Pleasanton Weekly and DanvilleSanRamon.com, he was promoted to editor of the East Bay Division in February 2017. Read more >>

Follow DanvilleSanRamon.com on Twitter @DanvilleSanRamo, Facebook and on Instagram @ for breaking news, local events, photos, videos and more.

Your support is vital to us continuing to bring you city government news. Become a member today.

Danville council to consider renewing contracts for building department consultants

Also: Sticking with teleconferencing for public meetings, Parks Make Life Better! Month proclamation

by / Danville San Ramon

Uploaded: Tue, Jul 5, 2022, 5:24 am

The Danville Town Council is set to decide Tuesday whether to extend the contracts with two consultant firms that provide supplemental support to the town's building services division.

The agreements for building plan review and staff augmentation services with TRB + Associates, Inc. and Shums Coda Associates would each run through the 2024-25 fiscal year, with options to renew for up to two additional years. The consultants aid town officials with compliance checks for review of life safety, electrical, mechanical, plumbing, energy and structural requirements.

"The Town of Danville utilizes consultant firms to provide building staff augmentation ranging from plan review to inspection services due to the volume and complexity of projects, in addition to providing staff augmentation in the event of illness, training and for vacation relief," the resolutions read.

The contracts result in no impact to the town's general fund because the annual expenditures to each firm are offset entirely by permit revenues, according to town staff. The consultant would receive 65% of the plan review fee revenue while the remaining 35% goes to the town government.

"The new contract includes performance requirements stipulating turnaround times for initial plan reviews (not exceeding 10 business days), and subsequent reviews (not exceeding 5 business days)," town staff stated.

Shums Coda Associates has contracted with the town since 2012 while TRB + Associates has been on board since 2020.

The two contracts are listed among the council's consent calendar, a collection of items deemed routine and voted upon all at once unless an item is pulled for separate consideration.

The council meeting is scheduled to start at 5 p.m. Tuesday (July 5) via Zoom. Read the full agenda here.

In other business

* Also as part of the consent calendar, the council will consider approving the continued use of teleconferencing for meetings of all town legislative bodies, pursuant to a temporary state law still in effect at this stage of the pandemic.

* Council members will consider amending the resale restriction and option-to-purchase agreement for a below-market-rate home on Haskins Ranch Circle upon the request of the homeowner who wants to be able to rent the property for up to four years because she is unable to live in the property presently due to a recently diagnosed permanent disability causing financial hardship.

Being able to rent out the home during this time could provide the income needed to help her retain the home when she is physically able to return, according to the staff report. The rental must be offered to a moderate-income household according to the affordability scale.

* During the open meeting, the council will hear presentations of a proclamation for July as Parks Make Life Better! Month, Town Manager Joe Calabrigo's monthly report and Town Council members' updates.

Comments

Post a comment

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.