Recovery of remains still holding up gym construction

Original post made on Sep 21, 2009

The planned construction of the new gymnasium at San Ramon Valley High School, delayed in July after the discovery of human remains in the ground at the site, continues to be slowed as more Native American remains are unearthed.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Sunday, September 20, 2009, 4:32 PM

Like this comment
Posted by Julia
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:07 am

Interesting comment by Andy Galvan. "A total of 49 discrete human skeletons have been identified". What on earth dose this mean, he identified them as human skeletons or as Bill, Joe, Alice etc etc? I think it's wonderful that Andy Galvan is doing this job, but I also believe time is of the essence, so let get the project completed and move on.

Like this comment
Posted by Dawn
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:16 am

It means distinct and separate.

Like this comment
Posted by Julia
on Sep 21, 2009 at 8:59 am

Thank You Dawn for your input. But what part of Mr. Galvan's comment relates to "distinct and/or separate"? Are you saying the word "identified" means "distinct and separate"...interesting.

Like this comment
Posted by Linda
on Sep 21, 2009 at 10:29 am

Hi Julia,
If I may on behalf of Dawn, she is referring to the definition of the word "discrete" which means:
"apart or detached from others; separate; distinct"
Although an inconvenience to delay this construction, I would not want my families burial place to be desecrated or destroyed but would rather time be taken to relocate their remains if needed. Would you not also?

Like this comment
Posted by Julia
on Sep 22, 2009 at 10:24 am

Oh!...okay thanks Linda for your input. You make a good point on both issues. I stand corrected. I hope when the gym is complete there is some mention on some corner stone about the Native American discovery.

Again, thanks for pointing me in the right direction...Julia

Like this comment
Posted by Portable Storage
a resident of Blackhawk
on Sep 29, 2009 at 1:38 am

Thanks for the information.I think that the human remains in the ground at the site should be removed and the planned construction of the gym shouild be started as soon as possible.

Thanks,
Portable Storage,
www.moveablecubicle.com

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

The valley needs strong leadership on BART board

3 Great Ways to Showcase Your Strengths on College Applications!
By Elizabeth LaScala | 2 comments | 459 views