Streetwise: What is your favorite Bay Area staycation?

Original post made on Jul 23, 2010

When it comes time to find fun things to do that won't hurt your budget, a popular choice for many is a staycation. And why not explore things near and far when we live so close to a major vacation destination? This week, Streetwise reporter Stan Wharton went to Danville Square to ask people: ==B What is your favorite Bay Area staycation? == Click on the pictures to see the responses and as always, share your answer in the comments below.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Thursday, July 22, 2010, 4:56 PM

Like this comment
Posted by JRenee
on Jul 23, 2010 at 8:46 am

We live in an area where we have many places to chose from. That is why people come from all over the world to the Bay Area. One of our favorite places to go for the day is the beach at Capitola. The charming town, wonderful restaurants, shops and the view make us feel like we are in 'another world'.

Like this comment
Posted by Bainter the Painter
on Jul 23, 2010 at 9:11 am

When I run out of piant or houseses to put it on I like to staycation in San Leandro. My second best stacation place is Milpitas. San Leandro was better when Dandy Dog was there but now no more Dandy Dog. I like to go where Dandy Dog was and make pretent it is still there. Then I order and eat a make pretent hot dog. Milpitas is good because it is just good. I like San Leandro and Milpitas. You should too.

Like this comment
Posted by Danville Bob
on Jul 26, 2010 at 9:13 am

USS Hornet Museum, without a doubt. I love history - and the Hornet displays cover World War II, Vietnam, and the Apollo moon landings. For parents who want their kids to learn more about US history than just a few lines from a history book, this is the place to go. Plus, its only a short drive to Alameda, which has lots of great but "undiscovered" restaurants and shops!

Like this comment
Posted by Bert
on Jul 28, 2010 at 3:44 pm

Bainter, I believe that was the "Doggie Diner", not Dandy Dog.

Like this comment
Posted by CDSI Research
a resident of another community
on Jul 28, 2010 at 6:05 pm

Dear Dolores,

After consulting many CDSI associates, we have concluded that Drawbridge California is the best staycation in our bay area. Rich in history and the rich smell of a decaying swamp it prepares our corridor's residents for the eventual arrival home.

Shall we say, "Oh, PUNish me?"

Hal/CDSI

Like this comment
Posted by Bainter the Painter
on Jul 29, 2010 at 4:04 pm

Yeah Bert, Doggie Dinnerz the best.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

The valley needs strong leadership on BART board