Danville town hall to feature federal, state, local legislators

Original post made on Mar 15, 2017

Danville Mayor Renee Morgan is hosting key federal, state and county elected officials as part of a public town hall next weekend.

Read the full story here Web Link posted Tuesday, March 14, 2017, 10:32 PM

21 people like this
Posted by Greg T
on Mar 15, 2017 at 8:55 am

Frankly, you can leave Mark Desaulnier out of this event.
He is totally out of tune with Danville and its residents & needs.
He's become an out-in-orbit liberal Democrat with no attachment to reality at all, but toting the view of their most crazed left side.

19 people like this
Posted by Semper
on Mar 15, 2017 at 9:46 am

You are absolutely correct. The redistricting has forced Desaulnier on us.

15 people like this
Posted by Greg T
on Mar 15, 2017 at 11:55 am

Additional thought: I hope that they verify that the attendees at this Town Hall meeting, are truly Danville residents, and not out of town political agitators, as has been the case across the Country lately.

2 people like this
Posted by Rama
on Mar 16, 2017 at 12:10 pm

@Greg T - you are in Alamo, why do you care. Danville is way more inclusive than Alamo.

4 people like this
Posted by C. R. Mudgeon
on Mar 17, 2017 at 10:47 am

I attended the recent Town Hall that was jointly held by Steve Glazer and Catherine Baker (at the San Ramon City Hall), and it was well-run, and pretty informative. The two of them focused on issues that they agree on (which is actually quite a few), as Glazer is a somewhat atypical Democrat (in my opinion), and Baker is a fairly moderate Republican. On fiscal issues they find a lot of common ground. Audience members were respectful, and (judging by the questions) represented a fairly broad range of opinions. You basically needed to have RSVP'd to either of the legislators' offices ahead of time to get in, although there were (I think)a limited number of seats available to people who just showed up. I also found it refreshing that a local Boy Scout troop led the attendees in the Pledge of Allegiance at the start of the meeting...

It will also be interesting to hear Candace Anderson's take on county issues.

I don't have much good to say about Desaulnier, as he seems to tightly adhere to his party's "line", so to speak. I've written e-mails to his office in the past, and have found it very annoying when I get a form-letter response back, "thanking me for my support", when my e-mail has been (basically) to complain about his position on some issue. So it is obvious that no-one in his office has actually read my e-mail...

My other general concern is that the "scope" of this Town Hall might be too large - given the range of county, state, and federal issues. Probably the questions from the audience will be all over the map.

6 people like this
Posted by Greg T
on Mar 22, 2017 at 7:46 am

To 'Rama': I DO care about Danville, I work and spend alot there! But since I don't live there, I won't be attending this function.....And in the same way, I don't like the idea of out-of-towners flooding in, as has been the case across the country, to push their left side agendas into other areas. They are so hypocritical, especially when they don't tolerate any variance of opinion in their own communities. Their some aim is to push their agenda.

4 people like this
Posted by Arlene
a resident of Diablo
on Mar 22, 2017 at 7:47 am

I, too, attended the San Ramon town hall meeting with Baker and Glazer and was impressed.

Regarding DeSaulnier - I think he is wonderful - very attentive and concerned with the needs of the people. He knows the issues - wants to protect the environment, health care, women's choice, etc., etc., etc. He understands there actually is such a thing as Climate Change and wants to make sure that we don't have policies that will compromise the health and welfare for generations to come.

6 people like this
Posted by B. N. Counner
on Mar 22, 2017 at 1:40 pm

The only place where Desaulnier is "out-of-touch" with his electorate is among the grumpy denizens of this forum.

His district-wide election margin was 72% to 28%. He also carried Danville and Blackhawk, and lost in Alamo by fewer than 200 votes. Adding up those three sets of precincts, he won by 19,542 to 17,824. Web Link

Grump THAT.

Sorry, but further commenting on this topic has been closed.

King football bows down to the dollars