Post a New Topic
Original post made
on Nov 9, 2007
More than a proud member of her family, I'm a proud American because of people like Alana, and my other niece, Catie, who served in the AmeriCorps in Reno, and even two of their younger brothers who studied and lived in Europe. If more of our people would have the courage to leave their relatively pampered nest to serve or at least live with citizens of different cultures, perhaps the term ugly American - or worse, apathetic - would give way to learning how to earn the right to become a citizen of the world, let alone the U.S. I discovered this while living in Europe for one year 20 years ago. I'm grateful for the continuing education that these young adults give me.
Don't miss out on the discussion!
Sign up to be notified of new comments on this topic.
Post a comment
Posting an item on Town Square is simple and requires no registration. Just complete this form and hit "submit" and your topic will appear online.
Please be respectful and truthful in your postings so Town Square will continue to be a thoughtful gathering place for sharing community information
We prefer that you use your real name, but you may use any "member" name you wish.
Select your neighborhood or school community: *
- San Ramon
- Walnut Creek
- Alamo Elementary School
- Charlotte Wood Middle School
- Del Amigo Continuation High School
- Diablo Vista Middle School
- Green Valley Elementary School
- Greenbrook Elementary School
- John Baldwin Elementary School
- Los Cerros Middle School
- Montair Elementary School
- Monte Vista High School
- Rancho Romero Elementary School
- San Ramon Valley High School
- Stone Valley Middle School
- Sycamore Valley Elementary School
- Tassajara Hills Elementary School
- Venture Independent Study School
- Vista Grande Elementary School
- another community
Verification code: *
Enter the verification code exactly as shown, using capital and lowercase letters, in the multi-colored box.
Home & Real Estate
Send News Tips
© 2017 DanvilleSanRamon.com
All rights reserved.